Dear Fellow KEMCAANA Member:
I would like to start this note by thanking you all for showing your faith in me by electing me to lead KEMCAANA for 2018 I am humbled by the responsibility that I am assuming and will do my best to live up to your expectations.
During my tenure my focus will be to empower the general membership and bring them into the mainstream. I will encourage everyone to share their ideas with me, and will do my best to implement whatever is possible. I want every KEMCAANA member to feel that they are the president in 2018.
The key things I want to accomplish during my tenure as KEMCAANA President are as follows:
1) Motivate our membership to get involved in KEMCANNA activities. I will make my self approachable to all members and will encourage suggestions and critique.
2) To decrease the membership dues and grow our membership.
3) To revitalize our financial procedures where we spend money within our means and after it is available in the bank.
4) To work with the Board of Trustees to critically evaluate and approve all long term projects.
5) To empower the social work committee to make decisions without bureaucratic road blocks.
6) To carry on the great work done by Dr Naseem Sheikh and finalize amendments in the constitution and the bye laws that were initiated by him in 2017.
7) To grow the endowment fund for Charity projects and for Scholarships.
8) To encourage our members to register KEMCAANA Chapters. I intend to work with the council, CABL and the general membership to get the Chapters recognized in our CABL.
9) To make a Special committee called KEMCAAANA Senate to honor all past presidents. I intend to work with the council, CABL and the general membership to get the Senate recognized in our CABL.
Mian Ahmed Hasan, MD
KEMCAANA President 2018