The information technology (IT) Project provides the students and scholars at KEMU the following services:
- Computers & severs
- Internet services
- Training in Software use for academics
- Research facilities over online library
- Access to Higher Education Commission of Pakistan’s (HEC) Digital Library Program.
- Access to online journals, books and other resources from different web sites.
- Video conferencing facility with support from HEC. Technical and logistic support is provided by KEMCAANA computer Lab Staff.
- High speed Internet access to more than 1000 stations across the university and attached Hospitals with Free Wi-Fi access throughout KEMU & Allied Hospitals.
KEMCAANA gratefully acknowledges that WiFi at KEMU was made possible by a $100,000.00 equipment gift in the memory of Dr. Sajjad Hamdani, a graduate of KEMC Class 1953 by his son.
- The Anatomy Learning center.
This has been a Project donated & setup by KEMC class of 1980 it was spearheaded by Dr. Mohammad Haseeb. It has provided Eleven Computers with LCD displays, multimedia projector with fixed wall projection screen, licensed 3-D dissection software for all computers, plastic models of the human anatomy, large scale histology models and high speed internet connectivity. These facilities have brought the KE Anatomy Department at par with International Standards, facilitating both the undergraduate and postgraduate students.
The computer lab was established in 2002 at the KEMC biochemistry department with 10 computers. Today it houses:
- More than 60 PCs with Servers.
- Uninterrupted Power Supply (UPS) to avoid interruptions from load shedding.
- High speed internet access is available on all computers.
- Other services include laser printing, color printing, scanning and CD/DVD writing.
- Over the course of years, 6 satellite computer labs have been established at;
- North Surgical Ward (4 computers),
- North Medical Ward (2 computers),
- East Medical Ward (2 computers),
- Psychiatry Department (4 computers),
- Boys Hostel (10 Computers)
- Girls hostel (10 Computers) Donated by Dr. Ijaz Mahmood and it is named Alam Bashir Kohli Memorial Computer Lab.
The Anatomy Learning center has been a Project donated by KEMC class of 1980. The setup was spearheaded by Dr. Mohammad Haseeb of the same class. It has provided:
- Eleven Computers with LCD displays.
- Multimedia projector with fixed wall projection screen.
- Licensed 3-D dissection software for all computers.
- Plastic models of the human anatomy.
- Large scale histology models and high speed internet connectivity.
These facilities have brought the KE Anatomy Department at par with International Standards, facilitating both the undergraduate and postgraduate students.
The computer lab is staffed by 3 KEMCAANA employees with Rashid Javed spearheading the facility. He is the face of KEMCAANA at KEMU. Average cost to run this project is approximately $2000 per month.
To donate online click here
To donate by check, make it to “Computer Lab Fund” and mail it to:
4170 S 4th street,
Milwaukee, WI 53207.